Workwear Garment Sizing & Fit for Today's Workforce
This webinar will provide insight and practical advice to help you assess your strategic objectives and chart your path forward.
Today’s workwear / uniform providers require different garment size & fit approaches that address gender and ethnic diversity, broad age ranges and global increases in BMI.
There are more options for the workwear users for better fitting clothes that address different body shapes, garment wearing preferences and inclusive sizing.
Alvanon has helped professional clothing providers across different businesses such as the government, hospitality, white-collar, entertainment, school uniforms and more, in Asia, Europe and the Americas better understand how to optimize garment fit and sizing for their diverse workforce.
Join us on October 8 at 11 a.m. EST /4 p.m. GMT >>> Register Here
Webinar topics include:
- Common causes of garment fit and sizing inconsistency in the workforce
- Lack of consistent and clearly defined fit standards and tools
- Multiple sizing standards that do not align across product type
- Alignment on garment functionality, ease over body and strategy
- How to fit one style to both genders, all ages, sizes and body shapes
- Implementing and unifying garment fit across a broad supply chain
- Communicating garment ease over body expectations and functionality to the wearer
- Measuring of the workforce and how to guide them into the right garment size
- Return of Investment
- Reducing returns
- Reducing product lead times
- Reducing inventory- carrying costs
- Reducing proto samples
The good news – In today’s world, there is an overwhelming abundance of available data that can be analyzed and translated in conjunction with deep industry knowledge and expertise to achieve specific business objectives in improving sizing and fit strategies.
About Don Howard, Executive Director, Alvanon: Don has over 30+ years’ experience in apparel retail, design and manufacturing. He joined Alvanon in 2010 as a consultant and was named Executive Director in 2013 to head Alvanon’s global consulting team. He established Alvanon’s renowned professional Development Series training program and is a recognized expert in pre-production process assessment, technical design and product development with a particular emphasis on implementing sizing and fit standards. Don previously served as Vice President of Technical Design for Ann Taylor, where he established and maintained excellence in product fit and quality.
About Emily Robertson-Hood, Senior Consultant, Alvanon: For 20+ years Emily has led teams of Engineers, QA, Patternmakers, Graders, and Technical Developers in the fit, construction, and global manufacturing of apparel products ranging from denim to down. She has led teams at Levi Strauss & Co., Lands’ End, and Eddie Bauer.
P.S. Can’t make the webinar? Sign up anyway to get a copy of the recording and deck after the session!