Product Innovation Apparel, Milan
Dates: October 11-12, 2018, Milan, Italy
PI Apparel brings together the fashion, apparel and footwear industry to discuss the challenges and technologies disrupting the industry.
Join us in Milan as we explore the strategies and technologies employed by some of the most progressive companies Worldwide.
Day 2: 12 October 2018 at 8:00AM
Alvanon Think Tank: An Honest Discussion on the Realities & Opportunities of 3D for Fit
3D buzz is everywhere, but input from Global brands indicate that only 8% of product is being brought to fit approval on this platform. Why? The benefits in terms of lead-times, impact to sustainable prototyping practices, and rapid iteration are undeniable. Alvanon’s investigation of using the realities, using the 3D platform for fit, and where there are opportunities to prepare your brand for this eventuality are shared.
Join Emily Robertson Hood, Alvanon’s Sr. Consultant, to discuss:
- Mirroring: developing avatars that reflect your target customer demographic and your fit stand/dummy
- Establishing a block library to share cross-category and with the supply chain
- Key insights on getting the whole size range right, not just the core size
Other Program Highlights
- Digital Production- Creation Success stories and pain points of designing and developing within digital and virtual environments, from prototyping and modelling through to scanning and printing.
- Data Management- A system, process or operation is only as good as the data upon which it feeds. How can existing data management platforms be extended, improved and leveraged to better manage product information and new data forms?
- Sustainability- As sustainability transitions into the very make-up of how we approach the design and production of fashion, apparel and footwear, how can industry leverage technology to transform it into an essential strategic innovation tool?
Learn more about PI Apparel Milan here.